Thursday 27 August 2015

365:74

Day 74 - Photograph Light and Shadow

What an awesome sunny day it has been here today. Perfect to photographing light and shadow.

All my life I have had a bit of a love affair with trees.

I remember the first thing I ever painted at Kindy was a tree. In fact, I think it might have been the only thing I painted unless someone told me to paint something else.

Trees fascinate me. I can watch the play of sunlight on the leaves for hours. I love to watch them change through the seasons - looking like dead creatures through the winter, then as spring starts to come around again, they get beautiful light green fuzzy halos. These halos very quickly turn into expansive coverage heralding summer. Then, as autumn comes around again, the leaves change colour, in some instances turning into firey halos, before they drop and cover the ground in their glory.

Trees, yes, I would say I have an affinity with trees. Their cycles are slower than ours. Their respiration rate so slow we really take little notice of it. Yet they are majestic living beings.

So today I give you - Light and shadow:

Until tomorrow
MerranG

No comments:

Post a Comment